iiTworkforce offer Selenium Webdriver live project training from industry experts
What is Selenium WebDriver?
Inarguably, testing is a crucial part of a software development life cycle. The pressure of debugging and fixing the errors in the code before delivering it to the client is gigantic. Selenium WebDriver, with its inexhaustible list of features, has evolved as a frontrunner among the automation testing tools.
First off, the Selenium automation tool is an open-source, portable tool that is cost-effective, flexible, time-saving, and efficient at the same time. Next, it not just minimizes the errors of manual testing, but with its priceless features like cross-platform functioning, browser independent, multi-language support, and ease of implementation Selenium WebDriver has become one of the preferred testing tools by various organizations like Google, ThoughtWorks, Mozilla, etc.
The maestros in the IT field believe that Selenium WebDriver is here to survive for long; essentially the present and future of the software testing world.
On high-level, the Selenium Suite has four components, ·
- The simple and easy-to-learn Selenium IDE, an add-on to create simple test cases.
- Selenium Remote Control (RC) aka Selenium 1, a tool that allows the testers to incorporate codes using programming languages for creating complex test cases. Selenium Grid, a tool used in tandem with Selenium RC for running parallel tests across browsers.
- The mighty WebDriver that offers the flexibility to communicate with the browsers using test scripts.
- Selenium 2 integrates Selenium RC and the powerful companion WebDriver to evolve as a much effective testing automation tool than its competitor and alternative, Quick Testing Professional (QTP).
What is the story behind the evolution of Selenium WebDriver?
It all began in 2004…
Selenium Core was tested and tried, incorporating a lot of improvements during the process, and Selenium RC which is also called Selenium 1, arrived in 2005. It has proven to be a flagship testing framework for a long period of time as it allows the users to develop codes using multiple programming languages like Java, C#, Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP.
Selenium IDE was developed outside the USA, in Japan in 2006. Selenium IDE is effortless to install, being a Firefox add-on/Chrome extension and easier to use, nevertheless, it can only be used for running simple test cases. With its record and playback feature, along with edit and debugging abilities, it can automate the testing process on the browser. However, the browser interaction is limited using Selenium IDE. To make up for the gap, the Selenium RC was used for running complex test cases.
The WebDriver, on the other hand, has emerged to be the perfect solution to all the limitations. With its ability to strike a direct interaction with the browser through code snippets, it has more control over the browser behavior and actions.
Selenium Grid was developed in 2008 to work hand in glove with Selenium RC which is essentially to enable repetitive parallel testing across various browsers and machines.
Then Selenium 2 or Selenium WebDriver has emerged in 2009 after merging the powerful WebDriver and Selenium RC.
What are the advantages of learning Selenium WebDriver?
Selenium WebDriver has proved itself to outweigh any form of software testing as it has improved the overall quality of web-based testing by far.
- According to a study, over twenty-five thousand companies use Selenium for test automation. Quite naturally, such a huge fan-base is not without a reason.
- The pre-requisite for learning Selenium is not very demanding. However, it is good to have the knowledge of
- With the requirement for automation testers growing rapidly, it is imperative that all the IT professionals update themselves with versatile tools like Selenium 2.0/ Selenium WebDriver. Not just the testers or QA professionals, from Software Developers to System Administrators, all the IT professionals are highly recommended to educate themselves with this magnanimous tool.
- Finally, but most importantly, there is a huge demand for Selenium testers in the market.
What concepts are covered in the Selenium Course?
With the help of the Selenium WebDriver training course, the aspiring candidate can become an expert Selenium Test Automation Engineer. The student would have absolute command over the four components of the Selenium Suite including Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, and WebDriver. The following topics are covered in a typical 40-hour Selenium WebDriver course.
- Core Java concepts
- Java FrameWork – Testing – Annotations, Cross-Browser Training, Data Provider, Parameterization of Tests, Parallel Execution of Tests, Executing and Failed Tests
- Automation FrameWorks – Modular Framework, Data Driven Framework, Keyword Driven Framework, Hybrid Framework
- Design Pattern – Page Object Model, Page Factory
- Build Automation Tool – Maven – Dependencies, Plug-ins, Profiles
- Continuous Integration Tool – Jenkins – Executing the windows commands in Jenkins, FreeStyle project, Creating Maven Job, Manage Plugins, Scheduling the Jobs, Downloading the Code from Github, Executing the code from Github
- Web-Based Source Code Repository Tool – Github- Creating Branches, Pushing the Code, Generating Pull Request, Merging the Code
- Git bash – git clone, git branches, git clone, git push, git pull, git add, git commit
- Object Repository
- Cucumber – Behavioral Driven development (BDD), Cucumber Project Setup, Feature file, Gherkin language, Working with a simple scenario, Working with Data table
Who can do a real-time project on Selenium?
The IT professionals with a good knowledge of Selenium WebDriver and Java are eligible for this project.
Selenium WebDriver is currently the most sought-after test automation tool. In the live Selenium Project, the testers will basically automate the Selenium test cases. The interns will get a chance to create and execute automation scripts under the guidance of our expert mentors and other team members.
New to Selenium WebDriver? Register at www.h2kinfosys.com for Selenium WebDriver training.
What are the advantages of doing a Selenium Project?
Working on a live Selenium project is quintessential for any amateur Selenium tester. In fact, it is an integral part of Selenium training. A real-time Selenium Project will help our interns grow individually as well as a team player. On completion of a Selenium Project every intern would have:
- Learned to overcome all the practical challenges in the real-time project environment.
- Understood the gap between theoretical learning and practical experience.
- Emerged and understood the responsibilities of a team player.
- Gained more knowledge while interacting with fellow team members.
- Learned the intricacies of the Selenium testing tool which will enable him to crack the interviews easily.
- Gained a solid real experience that should reflect on the intern’s resume.
What will you learn during the Selenium Project?
The user-friendly Selenium IDE with its powerful component WebDriver is currently ruling the roost in the test automation market. During a typical live Selenium project every intern will learn:
- Creating WebDriver Test Scripts for real-time mobile and web applications
- Parameterizing the Scripts using Excel
- Using TestNG for a script.
- Taking screenshots of test output and subsequently, add verification steps to the script.
- Testing after Database integration.
What milestones are met after the completion of the Selenium Project?
Upon the completion of the live Selenium Project, all the interns would be conceptually stronger. Though they are mainly concerned with the testing/debugging part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), they would have gained knowledge of the different stages of it.
Each intern would emerge out as a leader after having gained the experience as a good team member in a fast-paced IT environment.
Every trainee will be ready to face highly tricky interviews as they have gained practical experience by then.
What happens after the Selenium Project?
Once the Selenium project is done with, the next on the list is the resume-building session with the Project Lead himself.
This is where our placement division chips in. An appealing resume is prepared by our experts and then when the candidate is confident, the job profile is forwarded to all the suitable requirements. Once shortlisted, the trainers will mentor him for the upcoming interview by providing him tips/etiquette to easily crack the interview.
Once the candidate is placed, there is no stopping!